Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Our #2 has turned #6

Derek is 6. He has been so excited to be 6.


His birthday was on a Sunday so it couldn't get too exciting but we tried.


We had fun watching video of when he was a baby.


And we got to skype with Grandma and Grandpa Ripp. Derek loved showing them his presents.


Grandma Luie and Grandpa Doug came down for hamburgers and french fries, and Derek loved the special red plates.





I didn't have high hopes for this watch, but Derek really likes it and is getting better at telling me the time. And I ask him a lot!





He is such a fun guy to have around. He loves to play with friends. He is loving soccer and looking forward to tee-ball.



Derek can we be so sweet, he loves to sit by me or on me still. He is a great cleaner when he wants to be. He is really loving reading and can focus really well.


We are glad he's around to keep us laughing.


His favorite colors are: Blue and Green


Favorite primary song: I love to see the temple


Favorite story: Jesus' Crucifixion (when it's his turn for the lesson, he always does this one)


Future aspirations: Pilot and husband


Favorite food: Granola








PS: I got a new church calling. No more primary chorister. I'm sad not so sing and have fun with the primary but excited to be helping the YW as their personal progress leader.

3 comments:

Tayna said...

Happy #6 to Derek! He is such a cute kid! I'm impressed he can tell time, great job Mom!

Connor and Jana said...

Happy Birthday Big D! Looks like a fun birthday, at least as fun as it could be on Sunday!

connaripplinger said...

whoohoo! Congratulations Derek and Happy birthday! He's a fabulous guy! We love you!