Tuesday, March 3, 2015

House update in random order!

Our house is really coming along. In the beginning of January, Jake broke his wrist. A ladder fell out while he was trying to put house wrap on the dormers. We can feel lucky that he didn't have more injuries. However, a one handed electrician isn't very effective. Needless to say the electrical work has taken longer than we thought it would. But we have had lots of help from our awesome family to move it along. As of this post the electrical is nearly finish!!
Jake learned a lot of patience and I learned how to pull wire. I got pretty good at a drill and hammer too!
 
The siding folks are working on the outside. This picture is of my magnificent outdoor living room!! I am loving this space already!
 
This is the piano room!!
 
Here is the front. There aren't really stripes in the shingles, my old point and shoot camera must have just captured something funny. The dormer on the left is the one that Jake fell from. He says his ways was at the roof line. That's a big fall!
 
 Here is my beautiful 8 ft door. We will stain it later!!
 
 Here is the stairs to the bonus room.
 
I wish the mountain were visible. But this is the view from our living room window! I love, love this view and am so excited to see it every morning and evening!! The baby lambs are temporary. But I love having the baby nursery around!! 
 
These are my amazing windows. They show my great view. This is the living room upstairs! It's got a great vault, it will have a gas fireplace and an entertainment center. but by far the best feature is the view. Did I mention I love the view?
 
This is the master sweet. The exterior walls are made with RayCore Panels. They have the insulation built into them. It is rated for R 40. Which is much better than tradition framing and insulation. We hope to create a tight seal. To keep outside air out! We also put great 3 pane windows. The idea is that we won't have to heat and cool as much because we don't lose as much air to the outside. 
 
Here is Jake pulling wire in the living room. I took this picture by the big windows. The bonus room is behind him. Mud room on the left, laundry on the right. 
 
Here is the dining room and kitchen! 
 
I love the stairs. They are wide and fun to go up and down! 
 
At the bottom of the stairs is the big open room. Big enough for a ping pong table. That was what I wanted. It's going to be a great party place! 
 
Did I tell you our house came with a tree house? Yep. My sister and I spent many hours building this with our cousins. Jake parked his jeep under the big tree for the winter. 
 
 It also comes with a cute little stream. In the summer the stream is gone but for now it's fun to float things down.
 
If you look carefully. You can see a whole bunch of recessed lights "can lights". I pretty much put them all in. Either by myself or with one of my sisters! Thanks girls! 
 
 
Here are the super cute little lambs! There are 11 of them so far!
 
It's probably not the best house update, but I've never built a house before so it's hard to know what to update on. When things still look very similar. Of course there is some plumbing and heating. But it's boring and not worth capturing in pictures.

2 comments:

Hmachine said...

Very Fun Darci!! Your house is going to be beautiful and I'm envious of the view and land. :) Can't wait to see pictures when it's done! :)

Emily + Eric said...

Darc- this is going to be such a beautiful home! I can't wait to see the finished product. Also, Jenny indexes in her spare time, so it sounds like she and Kelli would get along swimmingly in the geneology department!