Friday, January 2, 2009

Best Birthday!

Hey so my birthday was recently and it was a fabulous birthday for two reasons.

1. My mom painted me this great painting of the Wellsville mountains seen from their kitchen table. I love their view and always have, I told her that was the painting that I wanted. It looks so great! I am super excited to have it in my house now. So I can see the Wellsvilles from my couch instead of from the swingset outside. Thanks Mom!


2. Jake achieved the impossible and that is HE GOT ME TICKETS TO WICKED!!!!! (for those who don't know what it is, it is a fabulous broadway musical about the Wizard of Oz)
Ya, I know, how did he do it? He won't tell me. I tried nearly everything I could to get tickets for when it is coming to SLC in April and was unsuccessful. I was way bummed. Kelli even cried when I told her we didn't get tickets. So needless to say I was astonished and kept repeating it to everyone all day long. I still can't believe that I am really going to see it. I have been a huge fan ever since last christmas when we got the cd for Kelli. He even scored some awesome seats. I asked him why he did it and he said 'it's all you have been talking about for a whole year I had to.' Am I a bit fanatical about it? (don't answer that.) Anyway I don't deserve to have such a wonderful husband! He is my strength when I need it and just the best thing to ever happen to me. He has made me a better person. I love him everyday!!
The kids painted me some paintings for my birthday, I have one framed and hung up it looks great and reminds me that I love them and they love me!!
I also found a wicked hoodie that I wanted but it was pretty expensive so I didn't think Jake would get it either, but that little rascal even surprised me with that too. Man how does he do it. I gave him church socks for christmas. He's the best!!


5 comments:

Tayna said...

Wow! Fun new blog look! Good job Darc. I am so glad you had a happy birthday. You deserve it. You are a great woman and do so much for others. Have a WONDERFUL time at wicked! Love ya!

Hmachine said...

Love the blog look, also!!! and soo glad you had a great b-day. :) It sounds like everyone helped you to have a special day!!! I've heard wicked is great!! You'll have to let us all know how it is! :)

Melissa S. said...

YAY! for the awesome tickets!!! But seriiously your mom's painting is INCREDIBLE!!!!! I love it! Both gifts were full of a ton of preparation/thought.....those are my favorite!
PS- I love hearing your update on the Council letter!

Becky Mendoza said...

Hi Darcy!!
I found your blog (through Melanie's) and now I'm stalking you!!! Teehee! Guess what? You said you are "Super excited" in your Wicked post!! I love it!!
Brady is totally adorable by the way!! :) You can stalk me too if you want to. http://supermendozas.blogspot.com/ The last time I posted was in January, but maybe I'll get better at it! :)

Becky Mendoza said...

Oh. I just realized that when I leave a comment, it automatically gives you my blog link!