Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tis the Season... Finally

Gardening season!!
This year we put our peas and chard in on March 18th, a day before last year!!
It's a very exciting day for me!
I have a quirky habit, I like to watch things grow. The tulips I planted last year are starting to come up, they will be way fun to watch grow. I also like to watch the trees swell up and break out their with new life. I like taking tours of my trees just to see how the buds are doing. I want it mentioned at my funeral how much I loved watching things grow and was even very dorky about it. (way too much info, sorry)
Derek got in the actions, smoothing out the highs and lows that Jake's huge new tiller made. But it's so nice. We inherited our old one (look in the first picture) it was in an old shed for as long as I can remember. To say it was temperamental was an understatement. It took a good week to get that thing going. It was a fun project for Jake for a while but it was getting old.
And it was SUPER loud.

Cute Brady liked this snow hat, isn't it cute.
He is very camera friendly and always smiles for the camera.


This is Brady's bear towel. Whenever he even sees it he goes "RRRRR." It's really cute too.


Kelli and Derek are great gamers, they even do pretty good at chess. They know most of the moves, and have a good time playing it. They know how it sets up,
Derek played it by himself the other day, and he won!!


We were talking about riddles the other day and Derek asked what a riddle looked like.
Cute huh?

2 comments:

Tayna said...

I'm glad you are excited for garden season. Will you come to my house and do mine?? No, it is fun to watch things grow. You guys always have a great garden, and you involve your kids so well. Cute other pictures. I can't believe what a little boy Brady is. When did that happen??

Hmachine said...

YEAH!!!! I love watching my flowers and trees bud and grow. Darin thinks I'm hilarious because I too will go on tree walks to check out which ones have bloomed, grown, etc. :) I think I picked it up from my dad. I can't wait to see what you can this year. I wish we were closer so you could teach me. I would love to do it, but have NO clue where to even start!! :) You are AWESOME!! and Your kids are sooo cute!!