Thursday, May 27, 2010

Princess Kelli!!

After four practices, one photo shoot, two hair and makeup sessions and one three hour program, we have a new princess in the family.
Okay, maybe she isn't new but she is an OFFICIAL princess now. With a real tiara with
'real jewels.'
My experience was that it was a lot of work and that there are some families that take this really seriously. But Kelli loved almost every minute of it, especially when she heard she was going to be getting a tiara. For days after she had her tiara one before she came out of her room in the morning. She still takes very good care of it, and loves to smell her flower.
There were 28 talents, and 42 formal walks, those two things took the bulk of the time. Kelli chose not to do a talent but I think for next year she will be doing one. Yes, she already told me she wants to do it next year, I was hoping that once was enough.
They did a dance number in the opening, Kelli really liked it and was really pretty good at it. She has always been good at memorizing. She liked it a lot.


The next thing Kelli did was the formal walk. Derek was her escort and didn't want to do it at first but then I think he liked it because he was on stage and I told him I would buy him a prize. Which I did, a small airplane...he lost it within one day of getting it.
He like it so much that he was willing to sign up for the children's play this year, he is going to be in a group of Indians. Kelli is going to be a 'Little Lark', which is a group of sidekicks to Lark the main character.
Derek was really excited to where his new handy-me-down suit. He looked great and loved his big, important job.


This is the pinnacle moment, the crowning of Princess Kelli, the little girls weren't judged and all the little girls got a tiara, flower and certificate of participation.
I was impressed with how professional and organized the whole thing was. The stage looked great and it really was a great evening.
Doesn't she look like a beauty queen now?
Who taught her how to hold flowers that way, not me.

3 comments:

Connor and Jana said...

She looks darling!! I love her cute little dress. That is really fun for the little girls to be able to do that. She will be Miss Nibley before you know it!!

Tayna said...

What a beautiful princess! I really like her hair curled! The dress is super cute too. What an experience. I'm glad you let her do it. Heidi really wishes she could get flowers and a tiara. Cute girl!

Suzanne said...

So cute!