Typically when flats go on sale it comes out to 11 cents per flat. I saw the sale, which happens around this time and stocked up. I bought 20 boxes that's 240 flats. I hope that's enough. Needless to say in the mess that is the basement I couldn't find a single wide flat, so I had to borrow one from my neighbor until I could stock up on those too. I have more wide jars than I have ever had before, but still that's not very many. Let's hope these last us all season!
Jake likes to try new things in our garden, it's not something I would do but we get along better this way. This year we tried 5 new things, Cabbage, which I really enjoyed and I think we will plant again next year. We tried a new Optimum corn which is supposed to grow 3-4 cobs per stock, we tried a Jetsetter tomato plant (the only problem is I can't remember where it's planted) and a new variety of Red Beets. And last but not least is our Asparagus beans. They grow like 18 inches long. They are pretty fun to grow but don't really look that tasty. The committee is still out on if they make the cut for next year. Here is Derek holding some. He ate them like licorice.
*Sigh* we had our first corn today, I ate three cobs and Brady loved it. He ate two cobs himself and did a very thorough job getting most of the cobs! He is talking up a storm these day.
If you look closely you can see the zucchini in his mouth, he actually ate 2 of them today!!
This is how he ate and arranged his hamburger/zucchini-mozz. I thought it was cute.
1 comment:
Those asparagus beans are weird/amazing/way cool. I want to know how they taste and if you snip them like regular beans. If you do, then it would be awesome! Glad Brady likes corn, and I'm envious of corn already!
Post a Comment