Monday, January 31, 2011

What have we been up to? Hibernating

I haven't been the best blogger this month, I'm not sure why, well I am sure. It's because I didn't want to do a Christmas post but didn't have anything post worthy to report.
But this has been a typical January for us we have been avoiding the stores for their germs and their goods. I have started to scrapbook 2010 in our books. But most notable I finished crocheting an afghan that I started last winter. I had been looking for a good blanket to go in our living room and struggled finding one that I liked. So maybe I'll make one I thought. And ya know what? I found just the colors that I have been looking for. I found a great pattern got the yarn and started working. I only worked on it in the winter, who wants to have a blanket on their lap in the summer? But after Christmas I really got down to business and finished it up. I really like it.
Jake says he likes to watch me and it looks magic because all I do is wiggle my fingers. I know it's not as fashionable as other crafting but I really like to crochet, it's very soothing to me and it's easy to pick up and put down. My Grandma Olsen was amazing and made some beautiful pieces and my Grandpa Pehrson picked it up when he got older. I have some special things they have both crocheted for me. I think about them often as I crochet. Crocheting is the only thing that I can do right handed and that's because my mom couldn't teach me how to do it left handed.
On a similar note every year I like to make my kids something for Christmas, this year I made them winter hats to match their coats. It was tons of fun for me and they turned out great!
Last, isn't my baby growing up!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Darc, I'm so impressed with the blanket! Go you! I'm a crocheter too, not a knitter, and I think you may have inspired me to crochet a blanket this winter!

Connor and Jana said...

That afghan looks beautiful!! Way to go! Brady looks so cute in that last picture! He is growing up! His big cheeser is so cute!

Tayna said...

Why not a Christmas post?? I love the afghan! The colors are just perfect for your room. Great job! I think crocheting is relaxing too. Kelli and Derek have the same black eyes like you do. I could really see it in the hat picture. I LOVE the new header picture. Super cute!

Hmachine said...

Love it!! I'm not too crafty, but I do enjoy crocheting and knitting a bit. I don't know how to do it that good though. I wish you were closer and you could teach me. I love love the colors! WOW!! Awesome!