Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kelli's Special Day

Kelli was baptized on 1/1/11, at 11 minutes to 1 o'clock!
It was a very special day for her and our family.
This was more than special, it was amazing!! It was such a spiritual and beautiful meeting. It was cold outside but the such was shining brightly!

Kelli was simply amazing. She was so thankful and happy all day. She gave lots of good hugs and kisses, especially to Jake and those who participated on the program. It was cute to see her be so happy and excited.


It was a a tender meeting. Jake read a special letter from his parents that made Kelli cry, she really missed having them there, but she knows they are doing a good thing.

A few special moments were when I saw Kelli preparing to be baptized, she was calm with her hands ready and eyes closed, and again before the confirmation, she had her arms folded and eyes closed before it even started. She also gave a good loving hug to my Dad's leg after he spoke on the Holy Ghost. She was so mature and excited.


For me, I haven't felt the spirit so strong in a long time. After it was over I found myself wanting to go back to the baptism and to the feelings that I felt there. It was truly a highlight of my holidays. I was so proud of Kelli, she was prepared and mature. I was also so proud to be Jake's wife, he's amazing and the priesthood power is amazing, I'm glad that he is worthy of that power!
She bore a great testimony about feeling the spirit really strong in church the next day.
I hope this feeling of awesomeness continues with all of the special moments in our kids lives. I am looking forward to the other baptisms and patriarchal blessings and even the temple days! Maybe it's just because I'm the parent now but I really can't explain how incredible it was to witness Kelli's baptism. It was the highlight of 2011 and will be hard to top.


3 comments:

Hmachine said...

YEAH!!! Congrats Kelli!!!! We are so happy for you!

Tori said...

awwww...sniff...sniff..I need a tissue after reading that! So awesome Darcy. This post really hits home with me because Halle will be baptized in May.:)

Tayna said...

It was a great day!! It is amazing watching your own kids make these big steps. Great job Mom!