Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thoughts- or lack thereof!

We took Stacie and Phil for a snowmobile trip. It was fun and Stacie remembered her camera and got some good shots.

First, and most important! This little spec is me in my light blue helmet starting a climb up a HUGE and steep hill. I've been on it before and it is still scary, it seems to go on forever. Then equally as scary is coming down. Jake likes to raise his hands and ride down like on a roller coaster, but I like to hold on super tight and remember that it slows down nicely at the bottom.


Snowmobile technique #1 is that sometimes you have to give it gas to go slow. I hate it but when going down hills you need to keep the clutch engaged so you need to give it gas to help you go slower. Otherwise the clutch will disengage and you will just gather speed.

Jake is jumping! he got some major air but the snow was really hard and crusty so the landing was a bit rough!

But the coolest thing was the moose and calf that we saw while driving up. They were on the road and we got to watch them a long time, it was fun... And I thought I had long legs! Stacie and Phil were good sports and we had fun with them. On a few different notes, I have a new hobby! I love to send in credit card applications!! However, I usually just shred the applications and send the empty envelope back! This week I did it 5 times! The credit card companies have to pay for the stamp. It feels good to know I am causing them as much annoyance as their letters cause me! Question: Do you think General Conference will have 'Jimmer Fredette' theme? Will he even be mentioned, and if so how many times? Just wondering! Last but not least: We had to get Kelli and Derek new church shoes and we bought Derek a 1/2 size bigger than Kelli! Their feet size it pretty much the same. But Kelli's shoes had to fit better so they didn't slip off and Derek's had laces so bigger is always better! The day is not very far off when Derek will be considered the older sibling. The kicker is who has lost the most baby teeth.

1 comment:

Tayna said...

What a great trip to take Stacy and Phil, So sad to think it could have been us. Our choice, our loss. Those moose are cool. Were you nervous? Gary has been chased by a Momma moose before.
I don't think Jimmer will be talked about in conference.....well, maybe priesthood session. What is Kelli's shoe size? Derek does have the bigger build....that's a good thing, it would be sad the other way around, like Darin and Holly were.
Fun post, loved it!