We've been bathing Lola! She really likes is except the drying off part and the putting the clothes back on part. Brady loves to help and scrub her head with the cool head-scrubber!
The great debate around here is who she looks like. The truth is she looks like Lola, but she resembles Derek a lot. Derek is pretty proud of this fact. Some people think she needs to look like me or Kelli because she's a girl. Not true, 1st: I resemble my Dad, and 2nd: my son resembles me! I can't speak for me but Derek is a handsome little guy!
She's Beautiful Baby Lola
Look at the crazy cuteness of this picture. You may not see the miracle in this picture so I'll point it out to you. This photo documents that while Jake was at scouts the whole crew had baths (Lola excluded) and they are all happy and smiling. Bath time is one of my least favorite times. So I'm pretty proud of myself for doing it by myself (small victories right!)
Brady has been so cute with Baby Lola, he insists on calling her Baby Lola, and he usually wants to 'pet' her. He's great at washing or sanitizing his hands and gets very concerned about her crying.
I'm doing pretty good these days. I've recovered from mastitis and a few cracked nipples! I caught a little cold but it's not too bad. Lola is growing and is 'starting to cry more' according to Kelli. She seems to get tummy aches, but we'll figure it out.
I really appreciate those who made the time in their busy schedules to call, visit and help us out. And Jake has been an amazing support. He loves to hold Lola, and he's always got great projects for the big kids to do. I married superman! It seems like Lola's been in our family for a long time, and we aren't going to trade her. Not even for a happy meal, Grandpa Doug!
4 comments:
You're right, that close-up picture is just precious!!!!!! How sweet.
Sorry for what you've been through.......talk about being smacked by a Mac-truck going through mastitis, etc. That stuff is the pitts while doing everything else. THE THINGS WE DO FOR OUR KIDS!!!!!! ;)
I love that Brady has Lola by the ear in the post-bath photo.
DARC!!!!!!! AHHH, your kids are sooo cute!! It is so fun to see how everyone is growing. Such such cute kids. I can't tell who looks like whom, but they are all so stinkin' cute and happy! :)
She is Adorable!! I love her tiny little head. I agree that she looks like Derek, so that means she must look like you!! She may turn out to look like her name sake after all!
Post a Comment