The day of wicked finally arrived. We were all very excited. Jake even said. I can't believe it's really April 11th. We encouraged Kelli to sleep on the way down. But she wouldn't have it. She sang the wicked songs the whole way down. And made a note of how many times we had been through the music, (we thought we would go through it like 1 or 2 times to help her know when we would be getting close, she uses that as an estimate for time. Like one hour equals one time all the way through the wicked cd)
Me and Kelli in front of the Capital Theatre. We even got free parking!!! My friend helped me choose this great outfit. She's the worlds best Visiting Teacher, she knew I needed fashion help, she really knows my needs!!! Thanks Melanie!
Kelli wanted to dress up like Glinda or Elphaba but this is the best we could do. She wanted to wear her witch hat or her princess dress.

It really was a magical night and I had taht giddy christmas-morning feeling all night. I couldn't sleep very well because I had music in my head. And Jake and I analyzed and talke about the twists and turns of the story line the whole way home. I was just awesome!!!
Grandma Ripp watched the boys while we left. Thanks Grandma! Derek was excited to play with Grandpa Ripp. She even brought them down to our house at bed time. Then a few minutes before we came home at midnight the power went out, so she was like just sitting there in the dark!
Kelli loved looking at the book. She got a cushion so sit on!
I am sitting in our seats and taking a pic of the front of the stage. We were really that close. It was awesome I love being close enough to see the faces. We thought the performers were awesome, the monkeys were fun to watch. The costumes were so excentric and amazing. We got some fun souveniers, Kelli informed us we can't scrapbook anything until she takes them to show-and-tell. It got over at 10:45. Kelli was asleep before we got on the freeway at 11:15.
It really was a magical night and I had taht giddy christmas-morning feeling all night. I couldn't sleep very well because I had music in my head. And Jake and I analyzed and talke about the twists and turns of the story line the whole way home. I was just awesome!!!
4 comments:
I think you should transform your house into the Emerald City.
By the way, I LOVE your outfit. :)
Soooo fun!! I'm glad this day finally came!!! :) You look great and Kelli is growing up so fast!!
Love the outfit too! So glad you were feeling well enough to go. Sounds like it was a dream come true! I'm so glad you had a great time!
So fun!! I love Wicked. I got to see it in Los Angeles and wanted to bring Craig to see it in Salt Lake, but it came the wrong month. My baby is due end of April/beginning of May and a 4-hour drive to Salt Lake, sitting through the show, and 4-hour return trip didn't sound too feasible.
Your little girl is very cute. Thanks for blogging.
Post a Comment