Sunday, July 19, 2009

Camping at Mirror Lake



We went to the Uintah's camping over Jake's birthday and had a great time. The weather was amazing, not too hot and we caught lots of fish. We hiked Bald Mountain it was a steep and rocky 2 mile hike with the peak being 11,943 feet elevation. It was the highest peak on the map we had. I was super proud of our little hikers, they did so great. There were lots of mosquito's and we didn't get much sleep but it was a great time. Derek couldn't get enough fishing and Kelli loved to wittle. Brady was so excited to see his bed when we got home, he kept giving it love's.

5 comments:

Tayna said...

Wow Darc! I didn't even know you went. It looks like you had TONS of fun. Camping is great for kids. I'm so glad you could go. Your kids are going to be great hikers at our reunion. They have had lots of practice. I'm impressed!

Hmachine said...

looks like GREAT fun!! Can't wait until we can go camping again. :)

Connor and Jana said...

That looks like a ton of fun!! I bet your kids loved it!! What a great family vacation. Derek looks so much older with his head shaved. It looks cute!

nelsonville said...

Hey Darc! It was so fun to catch up with you guys at Chelsey's wedding. We will definitely have to make some time to get together again soon. Maybe an end of the summer picnic or kid get together. Tell the adorable family hi!

Cami said...

Ha ha- of course you and Jake and all your small children climb tall mountains and make it look like a cinch. I'm not surprised at all. :)