So Derek had a birthday! He's how a whopping 5 years old! He has now played two soccer games. He is improving a lot, but he still needs to learn some rules (especially kick offs.) But he scored a goal! He is a pusher, not a shover, but if people are crowding him he tries to make some space with his arms. In the first picture he is number 19 in the middle, I think you can see how he uses his arms.
This is the kick off, he doesn't understand that when the other team kicks off he has to wait.

After the big game we had some presents for him the biggest was a new bike, he was so excited, but he was also excited for some transformers, they are his new thing.
After the big game we had some presents for him the biggest was a new bike, he was so excited, but he was also excited for some transformers, they are his new thing.
He had a birthday party with 5 friends. They had fun. I don't know what it is but when you get boys together they like to say words like fart and poo and then laugh about it. I gave Derek "the look" and he didn't do it as much. Any suggestions? Derek also has been saying "Duh" with a real attitude and smart-alic tone, it drives me crazy.
Here's the cute bunch.
His favorite colors are blue and green.
His favorite primary song is Nephi's courage.
He loves to swim and wants to take gymnastics.
Lately he has been getting really inquisitive, he will ask me some questions and I can tell that he's been thinking about it for a while. For example, today he asked me why I call it "Okay" instead of "M'kay."
He still likes to sit by me, or on me and give hugs and stuff. I know it will end one day for now I try to enjoy it. He likes to wrestle and get piggy back rides, those I think I can do without.
We sure love him!
4 comments:
What a cute boy. Dad told me about his soccer game. I can just see him being so intense and into it. Cute. The potty words- all I can say is I have washed the bad words- any I don't like- out with soap whenever they come out of their mouths. Seems to stop it quick. Hard to do with friends over. I bet it would only take once. Try to remain calm and explain that the soap will wash all the bad words away so they won't come back. Or just deal with it :)
ALL RIGHT!!! Happy birthday Derek!!! I love all the pictures and I can't believe he's FIVE!!! very cool. Logan turns 5 this July. CRAZY! but super fun. :)
I've been thinking all day about the potty words thing! We've used soap, like Tayna said, and vinegar, telling them that if they're going to use yucky words they get yucky stuff on their tongue. Those worked good for my oldest 3, but my 4th, he just won't give up his foul language! He thinks it's so funny! Some days I enforce it every single word I hear, some days I can't deal with it so I totally let it go. We haven't found his magic punishment yet. Our best one, though, was making the kids go and sit on the toilet for however many minutes old they are when they use potty words, or point their bottom at each other, because 'that's where bums, poop and pee' go. Boys will be boys, though, and I don't think they really outgrow it!
Love the pictures of the Birthday boy! He is really a cute kid with a big personality! Enjoy this fun age. I like all the suggestions about the potty mouth. Sometimes you have to try many different things. Good luck! Can't wait to see you soon!
Post a Comment