We have been planning this trip for quite a while and it was exciting to finally go. We packed up and went to Zion National Park and also spent a day in St. George.
This is at the Canyon overlook. You can see some cool cliffs that have cool names. The one right above Jake's head is the highest point in Zion called the West Temple. Monday was the worst weather day. It was cold, windy and rainy. But each day got better from there.
This is the upper pool of the Emerald Pools. It was a great hike.
Jake's favorite part would be his trip to Angel's landing. We all hiked 2 miles up to scout lookout and the Jake went the extra .5 miles to Angel's Landing. I stayed with the kids and played in the sand, I was so glad it wasn't hot.
Angel's Landing is super scary, with drop offs on both sides and only a chain to hold on to. Couple that with lots of people to hike around it was quite and accomplishment. This picture is looking down from the top of angel's landing.
This is one of the skinniest parts of the trail.
He did it!! And he's still alive!!! This view is looking down the canyon
This is another scary spot to make it too.
We played in the sand while he went up and back, it was a beautiful day.
A look out on the trail!
This is on the hidden canyon trail. Angels landing is right behind my head. Kind of like me, and angel!!!! ya, right!
At hidden canyon. We had to hike over some water obstacles! The official word is scramble.
An arch in hidden canyon.
A visit to the St. George Temple.
3 comments:
Awesome Pictures. Did you hike up that place with the chains?? Did the kids?? Scary. Now we need some words to go with the great pics. Looks like you have a fab trip.
Looks like you had a fun trip. I am glad that the weather got better for you! We were thinking about you, when the weather was bad. Fun memories!
I miss being in a place with nice outdoorsy stuff to do. Not only is Texas flat, but it's usually too hot to do most everything!
Congrats on your garden. I wanted a small one with my new house, but they just put in a sprinkler system, and I'm not sure how a little garden would compete with that. Not to mention if I dig down too deep and break a pipe, yikes.
Post a Comment