Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Worth their weight in gold!

We are enjoying our awesome crop of raspberries. We got 9 lbs. yesterday. We figure that's like 30 dollars worth at the store! They are beautiful! The last picking yielded about as much.

And we're sharing, if you willing to come to our place and pick some you can have some!

It really is true that sometimes the less canes you have the more fruit you get. Last year they were thicker and we didn't get as many raspberries. In the spring Jake thinned them and Vwala!

4 comments:

Connor and Jana said...

Wow!! Thanks for sharing with us! Our favorite is Rasp. jam and so it will be well used and loved!

Cami said...

Here on the east coast, 9 lbs of strawberries would run you around $70 if you picked them yourself. I don't even want to calculate how much it would be to buy that much from a store here. You're so lucky!

Tayna said...

Gold is for sure!! Love them raspberries. I wish I lived there and I would....well, maybe the boys and me, would come and pick them! Delicious!

MichelleWar said...

You will have to teach me the ways of raspberries... gardening in general. Once we get our own place I want a garden,plus a bush or two.