Our beautiful little golden delicious tree was loaded with apples. I pruned at least half of them off in June and felt so bad about it. But we got 2 whole bushels off of it. Plus a couple dozen off of our even smaller Honeycrisp apples. I am tickled with how many we got and way excited to use them. We sprayed them faithfully and we only saw a handful of wormholes.
In this picture you can see the 'big' tree next to me which is the golden delicious and the little Honeycrisp behind me. For those who don't know my younger years but I grew up next to my grandpa's apple orchard and we picked lots of apples, sold lots of apples and made some wicked delicious apple cider from an old hand crank.
So bringing me to my point, I find it really annoying to pick apples without an apple-picking bag. Needless to say we were given one for Christmas, it was awesome! I felt very official, but I think Jake thought I was a dork. But just wait until the trees get taller and we have to use a ladder. The bag also works great for picking corn.
However, our grapes this year produced about 10-20 measly little grapes. Hmm.... I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong there.
3 comments:
Awesome apples!! The bag also works wonderful for picking beans, or peas!
So why did you all get a bag and I didn't? Anyways, that is okay. I can't believe how many you got. Your honeycrisp look really big. I like golden delicious. I wish we had one of those trees. Way to go!
You have my dream yard. I would love an apple tree or two or an orchard (not to mention all the other good things you have growing)!
Post a Comment