I had the opportunity to participate in the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay in the end of June!
I was 'recruited' to join the Speedy Spuds! I think they were getting desperate for another member because I was the slowest member of our team.
The Speedy Spuds is an all-female, all-Idaho team. (I had to claim Idaho for a few days!)
We are really fast, we took 5th in the all-girl division!!
We decorated our van. It was fun to look and feel silly for a few days!
Here is the whole team plus our great driver! The only person I knew was my sister Tayna, who is squatting next to me. But they are a bunch of awesome ladies and we had a great time together.
Decorations and costumes aside the running is the most important! I was Runner 7, and had a pretty easy running assignment, but I'm not a runner so I was pretty nervous about doing it.
I ran my 12.4 miles in 3 legs. The hardest was a 3.6 mile run up a hill at 1 AM! I did great running and my body felt really good. It was really cool to see my body respond to my training and that I did have muscles hidden behind the jiggles. I ran almost every step. Well, shuffled is more like it. My stride looks more of a shuffle that a run. Maybe I won't look like a shuffler when I get faster!
The lack of sleep was much harder to recover from. I felt tired and groggy much longer than I felt sore.
Overall it was great and I am so glad I could do it. When I started training in April I couldn't even run a mile, but now I can run 4 or 5 miles without stopping!! I can't say that I love running, but I feel good when I am finished and I like the way it makes my body look.
It was a great way to culminate my weight loss. Which stand at 24 pounds since October of last year!!
PS: We also won the Scotts Sports photo contest and I hope to be getting my prize package soon!
2 comments:
Wahoo! I am so proud of you! You are now considered a "runner!" It was so fun to have you on the team, and get geared up for next year!
YOU ROCK!!!!!! I think you're crazy too!!!! But man, you're awesome!
Post a Comment