Tuesday, October 21, 2008

IT"S A BOY!!!!

Brady Robert Ripplinger was born Sunday Oct 19th at 7:49 pm. (not the middle of the night, yay!) He weighed 7 lb 5 oz and was 19 inches long. And most importantly, it's a BOY! I was surprised, I was thinking a girl. He came prettly quickly and smoothly, a great epidural and two pushes and he was out. He came posterier and we didn't know it, but there wasn't a problem.




I can't believe how each child is a miracle and so perfect and amazing. We are so lucky and excited to have another boy, most people were guessing it was a boy.

So Sunday morning I started with some contractions that were just different than before. Irregular but harder. I decided to stay home from church, and glad I did. I just took it easy on the couch-really trying to delay the labor until monday morning so my doctor could deliver me for once- But I was pretty sure we were past the point of no return. We got to the hospital at 5:00 and I was dilated to a 5. So we ordered the epidural, it got in at 6:30, broke water at 7. When I was dilated to a 7, and I was ready to push by 7:35. Two pushes and he came out facing up, they said "oh, he was backwards." But I must be a super-duper good pusher because there wasn't a single problem with it. He didn't really cry much and soothed himself with his hands by his mouth pretty quickly. It all happened pretty darn perfectly and quickly too. I only tore a little, yippy!





Look at the strawberry blonde hair. We think it's pretty cool looking.!




The kids were pretty excited... to sleep at Grandma Ripps. But they were excited to see the Brady too. Kelli liked to see him and then she was pretty concerned about when the nurses would come in and help me. She also liked to dance on the smooth wood floor. And Derek was by far the more interested one. He says, 'he's like me.' He loves to hold Brady and tickle and look at and watch and talk to. You name it he's there. He followed Brady as he was passed around. He is still pretty concerned about the belly button. And he loves to hold the binky. We are going to have some good times coming up that's for sure. I just hope Brady can survive them and that I can keep my temper and not pound Derek for just being curious. The kids already got their first nursing lesson.



He looks kind of chubby in this picture. This was before we were coming home. He is jaundice so he is under the billirubin lights at home. That's not very fun but we were expecting it, and I think we caught it early so let's hope it won't take long.

Brady is a good eater and really loves to find his hands and have them around.




11 comments:

Tayna said...

He looks just perfect! I love the blonde hair! I hope it stays blonde, or goes red!! He does look kinda plump in that last pic. Is he really plump looking? We're really happy for you.

Melanie said...

Yay, Darcy! Thanks for the blog link and update. He is darling and I can't wait to take a peek at him in person. You better call me if you need anything - in the mean time I'll be bugging the heck out of you and calling you instead!

Hmachine said...

He is sooo cute. Congrats. congrats, congrats!!!! We love you.

Connor and Jana said...

He is a cutie! I hope he can survive the kids too! I am sure you will have lots of helpers. I love the hair, it is cute!

Melissa S. said...

HE'S BEAUTIFUL!!!! Even with jaundice it's soooo sweet because it makes his hair look more strawberry blonde (there's an upside right? I always thought it was cute when my kids were a little jaundice because it was the only time of their lives they were tan :)....)
Anyway, sounds like everything went like a dream...and hey, your hubby was home, etc. Congrats and he just couldn't be more cute!
I can't believe how big your little girl looks!!! Hey big brown eyes are enchanting! You've been VERY blessed!
Love ya

Heather said...

Yay!! We're so glad he got here safe and sound, and for your sake not in the middle of the night! He is so cute! Definitely a Ripplinger.

McKenna said...

Darce! I check your blog all the time, but I didn't realize how close you were to having that baby! He's so cute! I'm glad everything went well (you're so positive about the whole thing...you're giving us all a bad name :). And you look fantastic! Congrats from us!
We should get together this holiday season.

Valerie and Adam said...

Congrats Darcy! I was so happy to hear from you and see your beautiful new boy!

Cami said...

Oh my heck, it is so my lucky day because I found the blog of my good friend Darcy (through Jana's through Karen's). How are you? Your new son is adorable (as are your other kids), and I'm so excited to see what you guys are up to through your blog, if you don't mind. Yay blogs!

Emily + Eric said...

Congratulations! I found your blog & I'm so happy. What a handsome litle guy - way to go! Darcy - you look amazing!

Shonda Hayes said...

Congratulations on the new little one! I found your blog through Amber's. Your family is beautiful.

FYI: Craig and I are expecting our first near the beginning of May.