Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dollars for Diving

We went swimming for FHE or "Family Night Live" as we like to call it. We can guarantee going every month when it's Derek's turn for the activity because he always chooses it. Our kids are great swimmers and we have a great time. I told the kids they could get a dollar if they jumped off the diving board. Kelli said no at first but Derek was all for it. He jumped off 6 or 7 times and loved it. He only needed a little help getting all the way to the side. Kelli did it 2 times also and she made it easily to the side.
Derek was trying to learn how to do a cannonball. I tried to teach him, but it seems in my old scaredee-cat age I can't do one, or forgot how or something. Anyway it didn't look like a cannonball, but Jake saved the day with a huge cannonball. Derek needs some work on his kicking but he sure loves it.
Kelli's first attempt on the diving board was a belly flop. She cruised to the side and said "Ow." We talked to her about jumping up and down. She got up the guts to try again. (thinking she would get 2 dollars) She did much better and I was glad she tried again.
Next time we will get photos.

2 comments:

Tayna said...

That's so cool that they will jump off. Little dare devils. I can't believe their own Mother can't muster up the guts to do a cannon ball. I am shocked! I do have to say I am envious that you can go to a pool so easily. I wish we had one closer to our home. Maybe the H.S. will get one someday! NOT!

Darcy said...

Hey, I did jump in I just didn't do a cannon ball. Have you done one recently? They are more scary than I remember, especially with and exposed tail bone. Oh heck, I chickened out that's the truth.