I am not a typical crafter, but that doesn't mean that I don't like crafting. I just don't like the kinds of crafting that are popular right now. I like to cross-stitch an crochet mostly.
As shown in previous posts, I have been having fun making booties! They are easy, cheap and fun!
I made these and can't wait to put them on our little sis soon!
I found this cross-stitch 3 years ago and had to have it. I like to decorate with things that inspire me and this was a lot better than the puppies and flowers that make up most cross-stitches. I knew it would take me a long time. But I am surprised that it only took me 3 years. I had to make a grid over it to help me keep track of my place and after that it was one stitch at a time. I did the Savior's face last so that it didn't look finished until it was finished!
I'm not super pleased with this first picture, it's too dark, maybe I'll have to take another one.
I just got it back from the framer's today and love, love, love the way it turned out and how awesome it looks above my piano!
4 comments:
Those both look so good! The little sandals are so cute, they will look so cute. The cross stitch of the Savior is amazing! Way to go, I love the frame you put it in, it looks really good. You are just crossing lots of things off, doesn't it feel good!
The picture is absolutely beautiful!! A keepsake for sure! You are crafty, just in your own style!!
I love the way you had it framed! I can't wait to see it in person. The sandals are darling! Love them!
I'm totally impressed. Nice work! I haven't cross-stitched since we made those cute little sheep in Merry Miss.
Post a Comment