There are several purposes for this post, but this post is mostly about things I've been practicing. And I needed to try shrinking my photos so they don't take so stinking long to upload. Jake gave me a lesson on how to do it a few weeks ago, but I needed a refresher course! It worked! I shrunk these pictures by 50% and it was much faster.
Without further adieu and in fairly random order I give you some of our happenings lately!
I've heard you can tell a lot about a person by what books they have on their night stand. Here is a sample of books that are currently or have recently been on my nightstand. I have seriously taken generous helpings from all of these books. Most I'm reading cover to cover, but some I'm taking specific topics/chapters. So what does this tell about me?
I think it says that I'm going to have a baby soon.
I can't just show my books without showing what Jake currently has on his night stand. I should have added his scout manual too, it's typically spends some time there.
Kelli is the funniest though, hers is crowded. But it's actually down a few because it's library day at school and she had to take 3 books back.
I love this shot, it has so much personality to it!
Kelli came in the living room like this the other day and it about gave me a heart attack. Not yet! I still have 9 more years before graduation! AAh, only 9! It's half gone, time goes so fast.
This is my photography class homework. I have to take pictures in difficult exposure situations. I don't get it very well. But I had fun making these booties! And it looks like you can still see the detail of the booties while the snow isn't looking as grey as it did in the first shot. That's supposed to be the idea, but I don't know if I achieved it or not! I'm still such a rookie, but photography is fun.
Lego's, Lego's, Lego's.
Our living room has been converted into Lego/Disney cars land. If the kids aren't playing one they are playing the other. Kelli, Derek and Brady get in on the action together and play pretty good. We have had some fun times.
See, Lego's and cars together, Derek built a garage for them!
Last but not least a funny shot of Brady, I have several more similar poses. He's a funny dude.
Prego update: I'm 7 months now and still feeling good. I'm carrying the little squirt pretty low as usual. I'm banned from shoveling the driveway, and my legs are starting to get puffy enough to make jokes about socks still being on when I just took them off. We are excited for her to come, Kelli can't believe she's coming next month, and Derek is nervous for some reason that she will come before his birthday on April 17th. Brady is still excited as ever. I'm not ready yet but getting there. I am Anemic and I love naps, mozzarella sticks, neck rubs or foot rubs, and oranges!
3 comments:
I LOVE your pictures, Darc! They look awesome! You pretty much rock in all aspects of life. :) I loved your books.. LOL :) Chickens? Just thought I'd say hi and that I like looking at your blog! :)
Your reading is pretty impressive to me! I need to step it up and start reading something good for me. Kelli's hair is getting long!
Love the lego building, we've been into that a little too. Great post! I think you've always been into mozzarella sticks, naps and back rubs.....not just because your anemic! :) I'm just kidding! I'm sure it's gotten much more important with the anemia. Come to think of it, you didn't always need the back rubs,..... you always gave the back rubs.
I'm rambling. Love you!
Fun post, Your books are a variety of different things! I am impressed that you are reading up on the chickens too. At least you are reading, I need to be better at that. Your bootie photo looks great, I can't even tell it was taken in the snow. And those are darling little booties. I am surprised you crave specific things, I am not craving anything, except candy. Most things don't sound good to me. Did the dr. ban you from shoveling? Fun days!
Post a Comment