A few days ago my Pop turned 60! We had a big surprise shin-dig for him. It was really fun! Both my parents don't even look within years of being 60. My dad is such a rock star! I love him so much, I love his dedication to his family and the Gospel. He is such a good example to me, he has lead a life that I want to emulate!
We had some pizza then the adults went and to the temple and did sealings. We assigned the older cousins to have buddies with some younger cousins and they did really great. It was nice that we weren't gone more than 2 hrs too.
Lately, my favorite times are when he comes down for a haircut, and I get to feed him a sandwich and chit chat. My kids have fun talking to him while he's in the chair. I feel pretty lucky to he his hair stylist/daughter!..... I'm really just lucky that I make good sandwiches and that he hasn't found someone new to cut it. I look forward to our visits and cuts!
Grandpa was a good sport about getting help blowing out the candles.
Having 3 kids use 3 different cameras made for interesting posing. Plus someones little sneaker is hiding by my legs, I don't know who's kid he is, but man...his parent...mmmm.
Dad, I love you and am so thankful for your example and your strength in my life and the life of my kids.
1 comment:
So you must have gone not private. Thanks for having the party at your house! You were so calm about it, and I thought everything turned out great!!! I know the kids had fun, and I had a wonderful time going to the Temple. We do have awesome parents! Awesome siblings too!!
Post a Comment