Friday, August 31, 2012

Swiss Spagetti

 Jake has been helping me be adventurous. He started making Swiss Chard Pasta. After I objected to trying new things, as I always do, I finished the pasta and and it turned out to be fun and delicious. We added quite a bit of chard and it didn't taste any different. Also, because we added substance instead of juice, the color didn't bleed out when we boiled the pasta. 

The kids didn't even bat and eye about the color. They love homemade noodles. We have had it a lot lately. I'm getting better at making it.








This picture is totally unrelated but as I was taking Kelli's first day of school pictures, Derek went and got Lola. I just love this picture. What an awesome big brother Lola has. Kelli and Derek both gave Lola extra kisses and said they would miss her at school.

3 comments:

Grandma Luie said...

Impressive! Great way to add goodness to your pasta! Sweet picture of Derek and Lola; can feel the tenderness!

Melissa S. said...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!! You've always been super awesome at those "extra" things the rest of us moms don't want to do.......like um, CANNING and MAKING YOUR OWN NOODLES!!!!! They look amazing. I've tasted some homemade noodles before and they DO taste so much better, so I can see how you would love it.

Anonymous said...

derek is such a nice big brother to lola