We are having a record year this year! On Sunday, as Derek was running down the hall (because his nameless sister scared him) he stubbed his toe on a corner. It sidelined him for the rest of the evening. He didn't get up off the couch much and when he did he hobbled or hopped. It takes a lot to slow this guy down.
In the morning it was still swollen and now bruised. So we made ourselves and appointment with the X-rays! Sure enough, it was broken.
He is now sporting a very fashionable and functional shoe. The doctor suggested we go for the biggest size so if we needed it in the future it would still fit..... I wonder if HE is behind all of the health issues we have been having this year. Or does he know something I don't. I DON'T WANT TO USE THIS BOOT TWICE! Once is enough thank you!
The boot really does help him walk better and it will help him from re-injuring it. I thought 'an ounce of prevention would be worth a pound of cure'. And since we have been extra helpings of cure lately, I opted for the ounce this time.
Aren't we glad it isn't soccer or baseball season!!
1 comment:
X-rays are amazing. When I looked at it, everything looked fine to me! The readers of x-rays certainly know what to look for. Thank goodness for the boot. That will help a lot. I think you guys have had your share for one year; time to stop all this stuff!!
Post a Comment