Derek is the newest member! We got a letter saying he failed his vision screening in school. Sure enough, he needs glasses!
He is in denial that he needs glasses. He says things like: 'they aren't fuzzy I just can't see them/or they the letters aren't big enough' or 'the reason I couldn't see the board is because my teacher needed new markers.'
And even at his exam, he didn't struggle reading the letters, he whipped them out real quick as if he could see them. However, they were completely wrong not even close like C and O. It's kind of funny. But on the drive home he told me the time from the clock in the front of the van 3 times. And his non-verbal behavior says that he really likes them and is enjoying seeing better with them.
He took my advice to get the plastic frame kind, and chose the ones he wanted really quickly. They look really sharp on him!! He has taken really good care of them and it is helping him be responsible (which isn't his strong point.)
BTY: He has 2 loose teeth! Soon, (by Christmas hopefully) he won't be the only one in class without any missing teeth!!!
5 comments:
What a handsome dude! Those look really cute...uh, I mean totally awesome, Derek!! (And, he really hasn't lost any teeth yet??)
They do look really good!!! He looks super smart. (Which he probably is anyway) But now everyone will know. :P
He does look smart. I think they look good on him. He is funny about being in denial. Yeah! for the loose teeth!
I think he looks awesome! I hope he looses his teeth soon! Exciting day!
I love the glasses on him. They just seem to be part of him already, like he has had them forever! He's a good kid!
Post a Comment