Sunday, August 7, 2011

The real, live Elphaba

This solidifies me as a dork but I already knew that so there's no shame anymore!
But Jake and I went to a concert of Idina Menzel.
Who?
She is the real, live Elphaba.
Who?
Wicked the musical. (my all time favorite) In it there is the green witch. Elphaba! We saw the original cast Elphaba, who is Idina Menzel. She won a tony for it and I just love her. She is one of my very favorite actresses. If I were to ever join a celebrity's fan club it would be hers. So now that you know how cool she is you can understand how exciting it was for me to see her in concert.

It was a wonderful concert and I really enjoyed it. My favorite part was seeing her sing Elphaba's signature song Defying Gravity! It was like I had won a make-a-wish. Plus it was outside and Jake came with me, It couldn't have been better.
Just to help me not seem so dorky we saw some people we knew there. Hairyshoefairy's parents! And they are very normal, well liked people.
It made me want to see Wicked again!!
I put a link just in case you would like to enjoy it like me!



PS: Scotland posts coming soon.

1 comment:

Pulcheria said...

So cool! I love her too! Sounds like an awesome concert.