*Not in Chronological order*
First day of first grade for Derek. He was super excited! In fact, on Monday morning he came up at 7:05 all dressed with shoes and his backpack. School doesn't start for two hours! I can't complain about enthusiasm. He was most excited for 3 recesses and to eat school lunch.
Kelli started 3rd grade and is ready for the times tables and cursive writing!
Kelli has a few cucumber plants she takes care of and while we were gone to Yellowstone (another post) it grew like this. We have these PVC elbows to help our automatic water system. It's pretty cool!
Sorry babe, when you pose so lovely for the camera I have to share it. There's 4 others just as funny!!
Brady and Derek took some Giant zucchini's and made boats, which we enjoyed bombing as they floated down the creek!
Derek took one of Grandpa Doug's chickens to the fair. Derek LOVES the chickens and he was so excited for this opportunity. He took 'Roxy' a curvy, good looking Speckled Sussex. She won first place!! Derek got $4 and a gift card from IFA! He was so excited! Thanks Grandpa for the opportunity!
I'm afraid we have some gamers on our hands. Kelli and Derek played 2 games of Settlers of Catan one Sunday afternoon, and have begged each Sunday since. Usually the determining factor is Brady's nap. It's fun to play it with them.
Jake's 11 year old scout troop has a bugle. But since he doesn't have any 11 year old for a few more months it gets to stay at our house. All the kids enjoying tooting it. But Brady's skills are impressive for a 2 year old. I especially love the dimples!
4 comments:
Fun post! We love the cucumber. Kyle wants to know how you made it grow like that! We knew Jake had a goofy side. The kids are looking so grown up in their new school clothes. The hat was sent in the mail yesterday, so you should be getting it soon.
Derek looks so grown up in his first day of school pic. Kelli looks so cute as well!! I cannot believe that cucumber, that is so funny! You kids are growing up so fast!! Mom said Brady is potty training!! I hope it is going well!!
That is the coolest cucumber ever! I seriously laughed out loud!
Cute, cute kids you have, Darcy! I love the cucumber in the pvc! You couldn't do that if you tried! Love the first days of school and the hats on the boys too!
It was fun to see about your trip to Scotland. I'm so glad you had the opportunity! It looks awesome!
Post a Comment